This open house was active from Oct. 21-Nov. 6, 2022. Information on this website may no longer be current. Email us for more information.
Upside-Down Peach Cobbler
- ¼ cup soft butter or margarine
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup unsifted regular all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- 1 can (1 lb) canned peaches, cut in small pieces. Drain and reserve the liquid.
- 2/3 to 1 cup liquid from the canned fruit
- Sugar to taste
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth and well blended. Mix the flour with the baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture a little at a time alternately with the milk, beating just until the thick batter is smooth.
- Spread the batter evenly in a greased 9-inch- square baking pan. The batter will rise to the top while baking.
- Pour the fruit and liquid over the batter. Sprinkle with sugar – about 1 tablespoon, or more if desired.
- Bake in a 350 oven about 1 hour, or until the crust is golden brown. Serve warm with plain cream or whipped cream.
Fresh fruit can be used. Just poach it in water with a bit of sugar to create the liquid needed for the recipe. You can use other kinds of fruit; pears, berries, apples, whatever suits your fancy.